My Visit to Thailand to Study Muay Thai Part 4 TRAINING BEGINS!

 I had the chance to do something in a Japanese film titled Habu to Genkotsu that was being shot in the Thailand countryside. Everything started with a telephone call from my pal Schon. He got a present to do a film in Thailand, but could not get it. He needed to learn if I was interested. Always prepared to include another chapter to my life's story, I agreed. I had never been to Thailand. I had seen several reports about Thailand and experienced many conditions vicariously through friends, and today it absolutely was time for me to generally share my experiences.

Before making I achieved the directors, companies, and authors of the film I would definitely appear in. I was impressed by what I heard. The movie is dependant on a true history about an Okinawan sansen (3 stringed guitar) player called Ryo and his experiences growing up in Okinawa in 1968. Ryo meets an National military solider called George, and they learn they've more characteristics than differences. The atmosphere of the movie is greatly charged with discrimination and prejudice- Okinawans and Japanese (yes there's a difference-big huge difference in fact), US military and Japanese/Okinawans, officers and enlisted soldiers- and takes place with echoes of the civil rights movement constant in the backdrop. I completed my show on the Mutual One Radio Display on Saturday as the Kurokobushi and had three times before firing to discover who that George was and time twist to 1968.

I left my house at 7am for Narita Airport, right before the day rush. I got my last bite of Western food for fourteen days, boarded Thai Airlines Journey #647 and found its way to Thailand. Airports can be extremely deceiving. They make you think everything is fine and then you enter the true world. Beyond your airport I saw my first view of Western capitalism, a Family Mart (convenience store) and include it to the American capitalism look (KFC) I noted earlier. Henry (our driver) folded up in a super vehicle and it had been down to the lodge in Beat Pong, our filming location. Henry talked only a little British so I drilled him for many minds up Thai. We arrived at the resort about two hours later and I had meal with the actors. Individuals were good especially Shogen (เอวีซับไทยis playing the element of Ryo) and Mitsuki. The college accommodation had HBO Asia, but I needed access to the internet to see if the Spurs gained game 7

Got up early and gone for a morning walk. Traffic in Thailand is much like a free for several, with few lights and a lot of scooters. I'd break fast in the resort and in the afternoon visited among the locations were the personalities Mitsuki, Shogen, Ishida Eri, and Sai were filming. I could not believe simply how much rural Thailand advised me of my Grandma's farm in South Carolina. Time has actually stopped in some places. Used to do the traditional aisatsu (Japanese greeting, bow and little talk) with the administrators, and whole staff. Greetings are very crucial in China because it communicates humbleness and respect. Things are on a hierarchy degree so I'd to offer props to the major fish. I took attention of my responsibilities.

One of many movie places had actually bad karma. In one room of your home, the dog owner held boots from useless troops of the Vietnam War. Obviously, everyone else recording because room felt sick and kanashibari (feeling of being destined or used down, but you can't see what's holding you). I met our police safety, a certain prerequisite when you're in rural Thailand. He was very helpful and even let throw people journey his motorcycle. Kai showed me wherever the web café was, eventually I really could reconnect with the world and learn who won the NBA Championship. We stayed at the web café for 3 hours and it price 45 cents. And the Spurs gained, life is good.

Comments